Answered By: SHSU Librarian Last Updated: Nov 06, 2018 Views: 8
After you leave or graduate from SHSU, you can no longer access the SHSU Library's online databases.
However, you may be able to access similar databases by other means!
If you live in Texas:
- Ask your closest public library about accessing TexShare databases through them.
- All Texas residents may join the Houston Public Library at no cost and access their online resources from home.
- The Texas State Law Library permits Texas residents to become registered users and benefit from their Research at Home program.
If you live outside of Texas:
- Check this list from The Master's University to see what statewide access programs might be available.
- Non-Texas residents may purchase an annual membership with Houston Public Library and access their online resources from home.
Whether inside or outside of Texas:
- If you live near a university, contact their library and ask about on-site visitor access to their databases. At some universities, you will be able to access their databases if you visit their physical building (though this rarely includes remote access from home).
Even though we are unable to provide alumni with online database access, you are always welcome to visit and use our physical collection!