Answered By: SHSU Librarian
Last Updated: Oct 01, 2015     Views: 70

Materials placed on reserve by a faculty member are housed in Reserves behind the Circulation Desk. (Faculty may request that items be placed on Reserve using this request form.)

Print reserves:

  • Includes books, CDs, and files containing book chapters, class notes, articles, tests, etc.
  • Checkout times are specified by the faculty member who has placed them on reserve, usually 2 hours.
  • Most can be used in the library building only.
  • Only 3 items may be checked out at one time.
  • Cannot be renewed.
  • Bearkat OneCard is required to borrow.

Electronic reserves:

  • Includes book chapters, articles, class notes, tests, etc.
  • Available online!
  • You must be an enrolled student, faculty, or staff to access this material.
  • Students will need a class password provided by their professor.

Get more information or contact Reserves.

Send Us a New Question

Your Question
Your Info
Please provide an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. (We will NOT share it.)
Do you wish to receive a copy of your email?
Fields marked with * are required.