Answered By: SHSU Librarians Last Updated: Dec 04, 2014 Views: 243
In order to use Ask a Librarian and many other tools provided by the Newton Gresham Library, your Internet browser needs to be configured to accept pop-ups.
Watch brief (1-2 minute) video demonstrations of how to ALLOW pop-ups with specific programs:
- Introduction to enabling pop-ups
- Disabling Google's pop-up blocker
- Disabling Mozilla Firefox's pop-up blocker
- Disabling the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker (IE 9)
- NEW Disabling the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker (IE11)
- Disabling Internet Explorer's pop-up blocker (applies to IE 6 and 7)
Find provider instructions to disable blocker / allow pop-ups.
Source of pop-up blocker:
- Apple Safari - open the preferences and un-check the 'Block pop-up windows' check box under the 'Advanced' menu.
- Google Toolbar
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, versions 8 through 11 (use the drop-down menu to change versions)
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Mozilla Firefox - To change Mozilla's Pop-up Blocker preferences, select Tools > Popup Manager > Allow popups from this site.
- Norton Internet Security
- Opera Browser
- Panicware Pop-Up Stopper
- SBC Yahoo Browser Pop-Up Blocker
- Yahoo! Toolbar